You will be invited to complete a video interview via email. This email will include the following things:
- Name of interview you are interviewing for
- Deadline for that interview (if you try and access the interview after the deadline, the link will not work)
- A button to access your interview (this will open a new browser tab)
- Links to iOS and Android app stores
- A link to Shortlist.Me where you can practise video interviewing in a private space, which will not be visible to the hiring company
You can complete your interview on any device you have: Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Mobile.
If you are using a desktop or laptop, you will complete in-browser. Shortlister recommends using Chrome or Firefox. Shortlister does not support Internet Explorer.
Make sure your camera and audio are working. Shortlister will test this prior to starting the interview, on both mobile apps and on desktop and laptops.
By clicking ‘start your interview’, you will first be greeted by a welcome lobby, followed by an equipment test, an introduction video and only then will you be asked the first in a series of assessed questions.
If, for any reason and at any part of the interview process you experience any technical difficulties, you can contact Shortlister’s 24/7 support team at [email protected]. State your name, email, the company and role you are interviewing for and the issue/query you have. They will help get you up and running.
You will be provided with videos at the welcome lobby and introduction stages of the interview, which will explain the process in more detail.
For additional tips, watch the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04QYcWWrFaQ
In the below attachment you can read about the benefits of video interviews for YOU: